NASMM Cornerstone Courses
Essential Training Requirements for New NASMM Members
All owners of Provisional NASMM member companies are required to complete both Cornerstone Courses (in Ethics & Safety) to elevate to full General Member status. For your convenience, you may purchase both courses at the same time through our secure shopping cart system.
The two online certificate classes include:
- Senior Move Management Ethics and Accountability
- Senior Move Management Safety
Each owner is required to purchase and take both classes. Each course is $69. Within two (2) business days of registering, NASMM members will be sent the webinar, supportive material and a learning assessment that will evaluate comprehension of the material. Upon passing the assessment, only NASMM members will be issued a Certificate of Completion.
Senior Move Management Ethics and Accountability
The NASMM Code of Ethics was developed to define the core values of our industry, and guide the behavior of NASMM members in everyday interactions. In an industry where the actions of one individual can reflect on everyone, adherence to a set of principles based on respect and integrity is especially important. The NASMM Cornerstone course, Ethics and Accountability in Senior Move Management, is truly the foundation of your career as a Senior Move Manager.
- Explore NASMM's core values regarding the Senior Move Management profession.
- Learn how these principles apply to everyday interactions with your clients and their families.
- Discover how varying perspectives can create an ethical dilemma.
- Understand how the NASMM Code of Ethics applies to both individual and collective responsibility.
Senior Move Management Safety
How can you assist older adults downsize, relocate or modify their homes, if you are not also helping to keep them safe during the process? This NASMM Cornerstone course offers best practices for creating a safe living environment for your senior client and the people around them, as well as a safe working environment for you and your staff.
- Understand the critical safety issues Senior Move Managers and their staff encounter while working with older adult clients.
- Learn how to create a work environment employing fall prevention principles.
- Explore safety issues specific to working with individuals with dementia.
- Discover the potential to reduce legal and Worker's Compensation claims by implementing safety "best practices."
- Obtain resources for additional strategies and support regarding safety issues.
- Identify safety best practices to incorporate into your senior move business.