Senior Move Manager - Certified
- NASMM'S Senior Move Manager-Certified (SMM-C) is the ONLY certification program designed exclusively for Senior Move Managers.
- The SMM-C is the only credential based upon both knowledge and experience.
- Additionally, the SMM-C is the only certification program for Senior Move Mangers offered by a professional, non-profit trade association.
Why You Should Pursue the SMM-C
- Professional certification serves as a mark of professional achievement.
- In a market requiring skilled professionals, certification distinguishes you from your competition, providing you with market advantage.
- Certification exemplifies an expanded knowledge of essential operation and client service issues unique to Senior Move Management.
- Certification provides an extra measure of credibility and authority both within and outside the profession.
- Certification demonstrates to your clients and referral sources you are committed to professional development.
Knowledge + Experience = SMM-C
The SMM-C combines the successful completion of nine (9) rigorous, competency-based courses from NASMM and our exclusive training partner, eSMMART.
SMM-C Knowledge Requirements:
Four (4) NASMM Cornerstone Courses:
- Ethics & Accountability 2015
- The Moving Industry 101
- Contracts and Liability
Five (5) eSMMART Courses:
- Aging in Place
- Behind Closed Doors: Getting a Handle on Hoarding
- Dementia and Cognitive Disorders
- Memory and Forgettery
- Communication Matters
SMM-C Experience Requirements:
- Proof of forty (40) invoiced Senior Move Management projects. Upon purchasing the SMM-C application, you will be provided access to an Excel spreadsheet which requires you to document the following:
- Project Start Date
- Project End Date
- Customer Last Name
- Job Location Zip
- Total Hours
- Services Provided (must include at least two of the following:
- Space Planning
- Arranging for Disposition of Possessions
- Move Management
- Aging in Place Services
- Resettling New Home
- Application Fee:
- NASMM Member: $399 (3-year certification)
- Non-Member: $699 (3-year certification)
Cornerstone Course Fees:
- NASMM Members: $69 per course or $189 for the 4-course bundle (There is no charge for the Ethics 2015 course, whether purchased individually or as part of the bundle option.)
- Non Members: $169 per course - no bundled option
eSMMART Course Fees:
- NASMM Members: $29 per course or $145 for the 5-course bundle
- Non Members: $99 per course
To receive the NASMM member discounted bundle price of $145, please visit the Education and Mentoring section of My NASMM and click on Certification. The discount code is located at the bottom of the page, under the eSMMART pricing information.