Senior Move Manager - Certified
- NASMM'S Senior Move Manager-Certified (SMM-C) is the ONLY certification program designed exclusively for Senior Move Managers.
- The SMM-C is the only credential based upon both knowledge and experience.
- Additionally, the SMM-C is the only certification program for Senior Move Mangers offered by a professional, non-profit trade association.
Why You Should Pursue the SMM-C
- Professional certification serves as a mark of professional achievement.
- In a market requiring skilled professionals, certification distinguishes you from your competition, providing you with market advantage.
- Certification exemplifies an expanded knowledge of essential operation and client service issues unique to Senior Move Management.
- Certification provides an extra measure of credibility and authority both within and outside the profession.
- Certification demonstrates to your clients and referral sources you are committed to professional development.
Knowledge + Experience = SMM-C
The SMM-C combines the successful completion of nine (9) rigorous, competency-based courses from NASMM and our exclusive training partner, eSMMART.
SMM-C Knowledge Requirements:
Four (4) NASMM Cornerstone Courses:
- Ethics & Accountability
- The Moving Industry 101
- Contracts and Liability
Five (5) eSMMART Courses:
- Aging in Place
- Behind Closed Doors: Getting a Handle on Hoarding
- Dementia and Cognitive Disorders
- Memory and Forgettery
- Communication Matters
SMM-C Experience Requirements:
- Proof of forty (40) invoiced Senior Move Management projects. Upon purchasing the SMM-C application, you will be provided access to an Excel spreadsheet which requires you to document the following:
- Project Start Date
- Project End Date
- Customer Last Name
- Job Location Zip
- Total Hours
- Services Provided (must include at least two of the following:
- Space Planning
- Arranging for Disposition of Possessions
- Move Management
- Aging in Place Services
- Resettling New Home
- Application Fee:
- NASMM Member: $399 (3-year certification)
- Non-Member: $699 (3-year certification)
Cornerstone Course Fees:
- NASMM Members: $69 per course or $189 for the 4-course bundle (There is no charge for the Ethics 2015 course, whether purchased individually or as part of the bundle option.)
- Non Members: $169 per course - no bundled option
eSMMART Course Fees:
- NASMM Members: $29 per course or $95 for the 5-course bundle
- Non Members: $99 per course
To receive the NASMM member discounted bundle price of $95, please visit the Education and Mentoring section of My NASMM and click on Certification. The discount code is located at the bottom of the page, under the eSMMART pricing information. Visit esmmart.online for more information.
- $299 every three (3) years
1. CE Renewal Requirements (over the three year renewal)
a. If you are renewing in 2021 you need 9 CE hours
b. If you are renewing in 2022 CE requirements increase to 20 hours
c. If you are renewing in 2023 CE requirements increase to 30 hours
d. If you are renewing in 2024 CE requirements increase to 45 hours
2. CEs must be a minimum of 30 minutes as a baseline, and then can be counted in 15 minute increments (e.g., 45 minutes, 1hour 15 minutes). This metric is based on the idea that one continuing education unit is equivalent to one hour of education.
3. Accepted CEs may be any of the following:
a. NASMM conference session attendance
b. Watching NASMM conference recordings
c. Any NASMM online course offering
d. Outside organizations’ live presentations or online courses in the following topics
i. Leadership (including finance, hr, employment issues, marketing and sales, process improvement)
ii. Move management (including downsizing, organizing, packing, decorating, working with movers and other vendors, alternative revenue streams)
iii. Aging topics
v. Client communication and interactions
e. Proof of CEs, course completion or attendance should be submitted; if not, notes from coursework could serve as proof of attendance
f. Presentations given by the SMM-C requesting renewal are specifically excluded
4. 25 units of the 45 required CEs must be obtained directly from NASMM conferences or courses.