Everyone joins NASMM as a Provisional member. Whether you are in the business planning/start up phase of your senior move management business or already have an established business, you will join NASMM as a Provisional member.Provisional membership gives you access to most NASMM member benefits except being listed on the NASMM website and voting privileges.
Provisional members will be given access to the NASMM logo upon providing proof of general business liability insurance and taking the Cornerstone Courses in Safety and Ethics. Once you provide NASMM with all of the requirements for general membership, you will be listed on the NASMM website and be eligible to vote in NASMM elections.
To become a full General Member, NASMM requires the following:
- Directly provide 4 of 5 core services
- Customized Floor Plans
- Move Management/Move Oversight
- Sorting Services
- Setting Up New Residence
- Disposal/Dispersal of Remaining Items
- Take and pass NASMM's four (4) Cornerstone Courses: Safety, Ethics, The Moving Industry 101 and Understanding Contracts and Liability.
- Provide proof of general business liability insurance
- Provide two (2) letters of recommendation from senior clients you have moved
- Provide a link to a live website that highlights your senior move management services.
Some applicants will already have most of this documentation, while others will need time to access NASMM's programs (insurance, etc.) to obtain the requirements needed for full general membership. Upon receipt of all membership requirements, you will be elevated to full general membership and will be listed on the Find A Senior Move Manager section of the website.
Click here to apply.