Pre-Conference Session 1A:
(Business) Plan for Success!
Sunday, January 20, 2013 • 8:30 am - 10:00 am
Are you somewhat new to owning your own business? Or are you a seasoned SMM veteran who never had a business plan, but you need it now to grow or expand? This session is NASMM's first-ever workshop to assist you in the nuts and bolts of creating a business plan that will (literally!) help you run your SMM business. During this 90-minute session, you will learn to anticipate the future, evaluate different scenarios to manage risk, and measure your performance against benchmarks.
- Discover how to build a business plan that includes sales projections, costs, and a cash flow forecast all offered in "user-friendly" format.
- Find out how you to employ these tools when making critical decisions about financial and time investments in your company.
- Learn how to take effective corrective actions before routine business issues become full-scale crises.
Pre Conference Session 1B:
Getting Your Prospect to "Yes!" Design a Winning Sales Proposal
Sunday, January 20, 2013 • 10:30 am - 12:00 pm
Are you competing for a preferred or exclusive relationship with a senior living community? Do you have a new partnership program opportunity? Winning an exclusive relationship with a senior living community can have a significant positive impact on your business! And you may only get one chance to shine. The risks of negotiating with large entities can be considerable, so you must be prepared. A deal is only a GOOD deal if it’s profitable and the commercial terms are right.
- Learn how to identify and influence the "real" decision-makers.
- Find out how to impress prospects with your professional preparation and presentations.
- Discover effective strategies to sell your true value while also up-selling the other services you offer.
- Explore methods for managing risk.
- Review ways to leave your sales meeting with a winning agreement.
Simon Turner is the founder and President of Strategic Practical Thinking, based in Washington, DC. A successful entrepreneur who particularly thrives on working with business owners, Simon helps clients from Boston to San Diego, and in sectors as diverse as business appraisals, restaurants, executive and Senior Move Management, real estate and construction.
In addition, Simon has 20+ years of global commercial experience, supplying products and services to a wide array of market segments. Simon has held several Director positions at UK based IMI, a billion dollar multinational, including global strategic planning and market segmentation roles. Simon led Product Management and Business Development teams in Europe before being recruited to head Marketing, Sales, Product Management, Customer Service, and Key Account teams at Norgren, Inc., headquartered in Littleton, Colorado.
Juli Monroe knows that successful businesses are built on relationships. Juli helps business owners grow their companies through effective networking via social media marketing. Juli uses LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and other online platforms to maintain the relationships she makes in-person and to discover new friends she's yet to meet "in real life."
Pre-Conference Session 2:
Estimating Essentials for the Senior Move Manager
Sunday, January 20 • 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Accurately estimating the Senior Move Management job is one of the most crucial aspects in determining your company's ultimate success. Many SMMs hope to find a "quick-fix" solution, form, or equation to help them create the perfect job estimate. You need to meet your own business goals at the same time you are trying to satisfy potential clients. How can you possibly do both? The truth is that estimating is both an art and a science. Every job is unique and, as a result, so is every estimate. The good news is that proven tools and strategies exist to help you develop solid estimates to meet your business needs, the wishes of your client, and the requirements of your moving partners.
This session will assist you in developing an estimating technique that works for you and your clients. Nothing affects your bottom line more directly than that all-important initial estimate.
- Discover the critical factors and research essential to developing your rate structure.
- Discuss the pros and cons of different pricing structures, including flat pricing, hourly pricing, combination pricing, and other pricing options.
- Understand your potential expenses as they directly relate to your pricing structure.
- Learn to determine the amount of time you need to complete a job.
- Explore different types of estimating strategies and other issues that can effect your estimate.
Beth Warren, founder of Redefined Living. in Bellaire, FL, has been providing Senior Move Management services for over a decade. Instrumental in the development of the Senior Move Management industry, Beth served on NASMM's Board of Directors as NASMM's Treasurer. Beth and her staff have conducted hundreds of moves over the past 13 years and she brings her solid background and seasoned perspective to this special training.
Pre-Conference Intensive Session Registration Information
Pre-Conference Workshop Registration Fees:
Session 1: $129 per person
Session 2: $129 per person
Session 1 & 2: $199 per person
(register for both and save!)
To register for this program, check the appropriate box(es) on the 2013 NASMM Conference Registration Form and submit payment along with your registration and payment for the conference. Please register for these programs online.